Australia’s most credible, independent voice on issues affecting regional Australia
SEGRA, Australia’s premier conference on regional issues, is about assisting regional, rural and remote Australia to source and identify the techniques, skills and issues they need to address to achieve successful economic growth and development. The SEGRA conference, established in 1997, provides a unique opportunity for all sections of the Australian community (rural and urban) to explore the key issues affecting regional, rural and remote Australia and be part of providing positive sustainable outcomes to ensure future prosperity.
Objectives of SEGRA include regions:
- Taking the initiative and control of their own economic development destinies;
- Identifying their positions – economic, social and cultural – and maximising their worth in the new global economy;
- Identifying and exploiting emerging issues and trends to maximise benefits;
- Developing innovative strategies and implementation processes to ensure community support and relevant action to meet regional needs;
- Identifying key decision makers, processes and points of access in government and the corporate sector;
- Identifying the issues essential for regional sustainability;
- Actioning strategies for real influence and impact;
- Raising regional profiles; and
- Setting the policy agenda and changing the choices and present options.
Celebrating 20 years - watch the video