The Tasmanian Government’s Business Events Attraction Fund (BEAF) is delivered through Business Events Tasmania.
2022 SEGRA Conference Details
Regional Activity, Transition and Sustainability
SEGRA is committed to providing challenging, thought provoking keynote addresses by Australia’s leading social, political, economic and environmental thinkers; exemplars of some of Australia’s outstanding regional development case studies and; providing a mechanism for drawing together and advancing knowledge and issues. It is focused on practical and applied presentations.
Opportunity to Influence: Call for Presenters
SEGRA is predominantly attended by advisors, practitioners, leaders, regional economic development organisations, researchers, local councils, businesses, not-for-profit and government who live, work and invest in regional, rural and remote Australia.
The National Steering Committee are seeking presentations of varying styles, including case study examples, emerging research, project or program analysis and learnings, as well as practical examples that will help regional Australia.
Our annual conference is an opportunity to work collaboratively to highlight challenges, opportunities, growth, and future plans for rural, regional and remote Australia.
In-person and virtual presentation options available.
Presenters must address:
- an alignment with the conference theme;
- in the presentation of case studies, an outline of the key learnings and outcomes of the project or program; and
- applied learning experiences of the project and their relevance to regional development and sustainability.
- submissions must be made electronically via the SEGRA website;
- abstracts must be no more than 250 words;
- abstracts should contain a brief summary of the content areas of your proposed topic;
- abstracts must not contain graphs, diagrams or complex tables;
- indication if you are also happy for your paper to be considered in the keynote program;
- joint presentations are welcome;
- a 150 word biography of each presenter;
- a high resolution headshot photo of each presenter; and
- the title should aim to be precise and concise so that it conveys a clear message.
All presenters must be able to cover their own registration fees, accommodation and travel costs. Accepted speakers will be offered a 10% discount on registration fees.
Submissions Close: 14 May 2022
Presenters Notified: 16 May 2022
Accepted presenters must register and pay prior to June 17 2022
To enable delegates to interact with presenters we encourage speakers to attend the entire conference. As a minimum, speakers must be registered and attend the day of their presentation.
Early Bird Discount Closes: 30 June 2022
Submission of Presentations: 19 August 2022
The titles of presentations and presenter’s details will be provided (excluding contact details) on the conference website. The Conference Convenor reserves the right to edit the title of presentations to reduce their length if required. Any changes to the title or abstract of presentations must be provided to the Conference Convenor by email prior to COB 1 July 2022.