SEGRA 2019 Conference Theme and Call for Papers
Rivers of opportunity: activating your potential Four of the key megatrends affecting regional Australia are the rapid rise of Asia as an economic power, rapid urbanisation and the agglomeration affect, an aging population and advances in digital technology. How do we make the most of these trends to deliver outcomes for the places in which we live work and play? Some of the answers will lie in our deep understanding of our own place and its region. Other answers will be found in adoption of new perspectives that learn from the past and look to the future.
At SEGRA 2019 we will be asking some of the big questions around key issues facing regional Australia – what are the roles of government and business in regional development, where and how does regional Australia fit on the national agenda, how best to fund development in regional Australia, how can we enhance lifelong learning in the regions, what are the benchmarks or thresholds for service delivery and how to ensure dynamic, vibrant healthy economies and communities? As always, SEGRA 2019 will profile some of the success stories of regional Australia and how these can work for you, to this end you are invited to submit a paper on one or more of the following action agendas. Action agendas:
- Forming dynamic and vibrant healthy communities.
- Integrated lifelong learning and employment in the regions.
- Delivering quality freight and logistics and distribution services and connectivity networks.
- Implementing best practice landscape scale planning and management.
- Delivering place-based regional development.
- Regional Australia and the national agenda.
- Tourism and Geotourism in Regional Australia
- Research into Regional Development
Click here to read the full document on submitting a paper. Click on the button below to submit a paper.