From 24-27 October 2017 Upper Spencer Gulf will be the rallying point to celebrate 21 Years of Speaking up for Regional Australia. The Sustainable Economic Growth for Regional Australia conference was established 21 years ago in response to the sense that the role of regional Australia in the national agenda was not adequately considered when broader national policy was being formulated. SEGRA was envisioned to provide a forum for people passionate about the future of regional Australia and a place where new ideas could be formed and shared.
SEGRA is now recognised as Australia’s most credible independent voice on issues affecting regional Australia and continues to be a voice for regional Australia on a range of government policy and program reforms.
The SEGRA 2017 conference theme Disruption: a catalyst for change will focus on what are the characteristics of the great adapters and changers and how this is manifested in political, business and community leadership, planning, governing, managing and marketing.
The SEGRA 2017 action agendas will closely examine things individuals, communities and regions can do to stay relevant and not get overtaken.
Key themes and action agendas include:
- Renewable energy – getting off the grid
- Intensive agriculture – managing supply chains and demand
- Collaborative Investment – governance for multi funded catalyst infrastructure projects
- Global industries coming into your place – achieving a win, win
- Positive community building
- Strategic risk management