SEGRA is recognised as Australia’s most credible independent voice on issues affecting regional Australia. Take an active role in advancing regional, rural and remote Australia at SEGRA.
SEGRA, now in its 25th year, is committed to enabling regional, rural and remote Australia to source and identify the knowledge, techniques and skills regions require to achieve successful economic growth and development.
Download the Segra 2021 Call for Papers flyer
SEGRA 2021 Theme and Action Agendas
The SEGRA 2021 Conference Theme is - Unearthing Diversification and Adapting to a New Tomorrow
- Strength through diversification
- Entrepreneurial action in regional Australia
- Celebrating Indigenous business
- Regional and global sustainability
- Technology transforming regional Australia
- Investing in social capital
- Branding regional Australia and growing population
- Developing regional tourism and geotourism
- Government Business Partnerships
Guidelines for offering a paper
SEGRA is predominantly attended by practitioners, regional economic development organisations, local councils, businesses, not-for-profit and state and federal government who live, work and invest in regional rural and remote Australia. A review of the papers from previous years will assist in pitching your paper.
Submitted papers must address the following (if applicable to submitted paper’s action agenda(s)
- an alignment with the conference theme;
- in the presentation of case studies, an outline of the key learnings and outcomes of the project or program; and
- applied learning experiences of the project and their relevance to regional development & sustainability.
- submissions must be made electronically via the SEGRA website;
- abstracts must be no more than 250 words;
- abstracts should contain a brief summary of the content areas of your proposed topic;
- abstracts must not contain graphs, diagrams or complex tables;
- indication if you are also happy for your paper to be considered in the keynote program;
- joint presentations are welcome;
- a 150 word biography of each presenter;
- a high resolution headshot photo of each presenter; and
- the title should aim to be precise and concise so that it conveys a clear message.
All presenters must be able to cover their own registration fees, accommodation and travel costs. Accepted speakers will be offered a 10% discount on registration fees. The discount excludes accommodation, networking events and study tours, as these activities are charged at cost price.
Accepted speakers must register and pay prior to COB Friday 17 September 2021 to have their paper confirmed and published online.
To enable delegates to interact with presenters we encourage speakers to attend the entire conference. As a minimum, speakers must be registered and attend the day of their presentation.
The titles of papers and presenter’s details will be provided (excluding contact details) on the conference website. The Secretariat reserves the right to edit the title of papers to reduce their length if required. Any Author changes to the title or abstract of papers must be provided to the SEGRA Secretariat by email prior to COB Friday 15 October 2021.
Speakers with accepted abstracts will be required to prepare and submit their full presentation by COB Friday 5 November 2021.